We didn't do a Christmas letter this year since we thought we would be "green" and save a tree or 2, especially in the age of technology...so here we go! Note, this is not in any order.
* Troy was released in March from his duties as associate pastor and became a missionary pastor for the Joshua Tree House Church Network. This got him out in the community and at the YMCA as the associate sports director. He is still employed at St.Paul's with his paychecks from the Y going back to the church.
* A team of us met weekly at our place over lots of food from May-August to set the core values and put together our house church handbook.
* Our house church met for the first time in September and we continue to meet weekly at our place with lots of food, fun, prayer, praising Jesus and conversation!
*The Camry got replaced with a Matrix in June after a fender bender on our way to Chicago. It has been a fun car to drive!
* Troy's dad came down from Iowa for Easter and Fourth of July. They played lots of golf and did projects around the house.
* Amy's parents came out in October for a long weekend visit. We had fun playing games, shopping downtown Decatur and visiting the pumpkin patch.
* We celebrated our 6th anniversary at the end of June!
* Amy started a stamp club in September.
* We celebrated our 1 year log-in-date anniversary waiting in line for our little one in China. It is going to be a LONG wait, so...
* We decided to pursue a domestic adoption while waiting on China.
* We bought a crib, dresser, mattress and crib set for our nursery.
* Troy did the wedding ceremony for his cousin Shane and his wife, Kelli in November up in Iowa.
* Shane and Kelli visited the "Roenfanz Retreat Center" in July for a weekend of pre-marital counseling.
* We went to Texas in June for the first annual Lehman family gathering at the Casa Bonita resort! We had an incredible time relaxing on the terrace, hanging with family, games of wiffle ball,kayaking and yummy food.
* Troy's cousin Abby joined us in September while she did her internship at the YMCA.
* We went to Texas in December for a late Thanksgiving and early Christmas. It was great to see family that we haven't see in 2 years or more.
* Troy completed several triathlons this summer and Amy did her first aquabike!
* Jackson continues to bring us so much joy and laughs! He loves having all the visitors we get on a weekly basis!
* Amy is still working as the teen parent educator for BabyTALK and loves it! They added middle school girls to her mix and that is a whole other story, in a good and bad way!
I am sure we have left some incredible things out, but know we are blessed and grateful for all that God has given us! We are excited to see what 2008 brings...hopefully a larger family!