Follow up from a previous post. This is another article I found in our adoption files given to me from a conference, friend, doctor, social worker...I don't remember.
By Vita Alligood
1. Don’t tell them to relax.
2. Don’t minimize the problem.
3. Don’t say there are worse things that could happen.
4. Don’t say they aren’t meant to be parents.
5. Don’t ask why they aren’t trying IVF.
6. Don’t play doctor.
7. Don’t be crude.
8. Don’t complain about your pregnancy.
9. Don’t treat them like they are ignorant.
10. Don’t gossip about your friend’s condition.
11. Don’t push adoption. (Just yet- my notes)
12. Let them know that you care.
13. Remember them on Mother’s Day.
14. Support their decision to stop treatments.