... by Christine. This is one of those fun blogging type of games where you can learn a little more about other. I am to list 8 interesting facts about myself and then tag others. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged! I took forward to reading about you on your blog!
1. Since my birthday is June 18, I have been on vacation when it is time to celebrate! I remember turning 13 in Yosemite, 15 in Washington State, 16 in Arkansas ( I got to be a part of the driving rotation that year )18 on the plane to Germany and 32 in Sheffield, England.
2. I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator without ever going to a party or stamping a card! I saw the catalog and thought it was awesome! I signed up a month later and have been doing it for 6 years now! I have met some incredible people, it supports my hobby and ministry and I am hoping to make more $ to go towards our adoption.
3. I decided to sky dive on the spur of the moment on July 4, 1997! It was so much fun and worth every penny! I have a video to prove it! Unfortunately, the pilot of the airplane was not certified to fly that type of plane and he rolled it for fun! You can see our heads hitting the ceiling in the video! The guy I was dating soon after I did this was a pilot and was in a twin-engine ratings class with the guy who took us 10,000 feet to jump!
4. I have spent more money on college transcripts and state teaching certification tests the last 5 years! I am now certified to teach in Texas, Missouri and Illinois. I have an elementary ed, early childhood and family and consumer science teaching certs. Don't ask me which ones I have in each state because I have no clue at the moment.
5. When my husband wants to go out to eat, I often ask, "Which Mexican food place should we go this time?" My dad used to say the same thing growing up! I LOVE and crave Mexican food! I love Thai food too, but it is not in our town!
6. My dog Jolee (AKA Joey), got to go to school with me everyday for two years when I taught in Texas! She was quite the hit! Joey loved kids of all ages, cheered you up when you were stressed and loved to play soccer! We lost Joey when she was 5 due to a major back injury. She was the smartest dog!
7. I always wanted to have a pet monkey growing up and twins!
8. I changed my major 3 times in college from interior design, to social work and then family and consumer science (FACS). FACS was the fast way for me to graduate with all the other classes that I took. I graduated in 5 1/2 years (6 years from HS since I took a semester off and went to the YMCA of the Rockies in CO) and have enough credits for a Masters degree. Funny thing now, my job for BabyTALK now is a combination of social work and FACS so it was not wasted time, money and education. I have thought about going back to school to become an RN or even a doula. I would love to work on the labor and delivery floor of a hospital.